Wednesday, January 25, 2017

The devil says he hates me! Praise God!

Tuesday 1-10-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Gen 25 – 26, Psalm 6 and Luke 10 
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S. Ps 6:4 Return, O LORD, and rescue me. Save me because of your unfailing love.
Vs 8-10 Go away, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my crying. The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer. May all my enemies be disgraced and terrified. May they suddenly turn back in shame. NLT

O. David was anointed to become king over Israel, but it was no piece of cake. For many years he was hounded by his enemies who wanted to kill him. 

A. My brother, Mel, achieved an enviable position as an aeronautical engineer, but he confessed to me that there were always others that wanted his position and were seeking to dethrone him. Rising to a high position, whether king, president or any other place of authority, is filled with stress and sometimes life-threatening dangers.
During an evangelistic crusade, a young lady who had just been delivered from demon possession, told me, “When I entered this tent and sat in the back row, I hated you with a passion the first time I saw you.” My heart responded in silence, “I can’t think of anybody I would rather have to hate me than the devil.”
King David knew where to go for the protection he needed. He recognized his helplessness and danger and called on the Lord God with tears.  He concludes this psalm with a statement of faith, “Watch out! You, my enemies! Run for your lives! Because the LORD will answer my prayer.

P. Dear Jesus, as far as I know, the devil is the only one that wants to take me out. I suppose that is always a real threat, but I am trusting in You and am assured that You will answer my prayers. And now I pray for the new president elect in my country, for there can be no doubt that his life is in extreme danger. Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment