Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What do you do with them after you take the pictures?

Saturday 12-24-16, Modesto, California, USA
Today we read John 19 - 21

S. John 21:10-14 "Bring some of the fish you've just caught," Jesus said. So Simon Peter went aboard and dragged the net to the shore. There were 153 large fish, and yet the net hadn't torn. "Now come and have some breakfast!" Jesus said. And no one dared ask him if he really was the Lord because they were sure of it. Then Jesus served them the bread and the fish. NLT

O. Abundance! Jesus presented us a Father-God Who often gives “more than enough.” When He fed 5,000 men, plus women and children, with 5 loaves and 2 fish, they retrieved 12 baskets full of left overs. And with 4,000 to feed, Jesus started with 7 loaves and a few small fishes and after everyone was stuffed, they gathered 7 baskets of left-overs. But on the above occasion there were only 8 men; Jesus and 7 exhausted fishermen that were now in shock because of all the fishes that were still flopping around caught in their nets still in the water.  These were hungry men, ready for a hot breakfast at daybreak. Maybe they each could eat one large fish… but 153 large fish?!  After breakfast what do you do the other 147 large fish?**  That is… after you measure them, weigh them and take the pictures?  Abundance!  More than enough! 

A. That’s my Jesus! Ask for a trickle and you might get a shower. The Father in the story of the Prodigal sons says to his older prodigal son, (the one that refuses to celebrate his younger brother’s return), “Son, all that I have is yours!” Well, if that father represents my Heavenly Father, I am set for life, plus with left-overs. Because if He offers me “all that He has” I can quit feeling sorry for myself and run in and join the party.

P. Oh Lord! You overflow my “blessing basket”. It’s spilling out so I can bless someone else. You supply me with wonderful friends. Six months ago when I had pneumonia, the word quickly traveled around the globe and people are still asking me how I’m doing… and telling me that they prayed for me.  No wonder I was healed and gaining strength in only two weeks!  Amen.

Ralph

**By the way, since Peter had been a commercial fisherman, I am sure that boat full of large fish went right back to market for a “Special Today Only Sale” or maybe a “give away” and perhaps a hundred families had fresh fish for lunch.  One thing for sure, Jesus was not in the habit of throwing away the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment