Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Angels to the Rescue!

Check out my office.  I just arrived at Carmen de Areco where I will have a service in a few hours.  The hotel room has a little table and a chair, but the 25 watt light bulb is not bright enough to see the keyboard of my computer. 

However there is a nice little window here in the bathroom and good lighting and actually the toilet seat is quite comfortable… ha.

I have just begun my travels to the interior. Hallelujah! Some small towns have only one hotel and this one is not bad at all, just a very dark is all.  

I have internet service almost anywhere now because of Ana, a precious Taiwanese girl that got me a portable modem that plugs into my USB port and who insists on paying the monthly bill. I have discovered over the years that the Lord often uses His people as His “angels”. And Ana is certainly one of them. 

Then this afternoon as I was loading my car to the hilt to get on the road, God sent me another angel. I don’t even know his name. He knew me, but I don’t remember him. He looked at my neat little car and asked me if my vehicle verification certificate was up-to-date. He looked at the windshield verification sticker and saw that it expired in late March. They check yearly for smog, lights, brakes, shocks, windshield wipers and much more. I had forgotten entirely! Now I had no time to go three hours round trip to the verification station for my area. I had a service tonight in Carmen de Areco, 90 miles away. But my "angel" told me where another verification station was located practically on my way.  I told him that last year the provincial station like that one refused to do mine because my car is registered in the Federal Capital. He told me, "Just give them the green registration card for your car and your drivers license and they just may do it for you." 

I was really concerned about this since I am going to go through many police check stations in the interior on this trip and some of the policemen search for anything you are lacking to get a “tip” which is another word for bribery. I thanked the "angel" and took off while praying out-loud to Jesus. “Please Lord, let them verify and update my windshield certificate in spite of the fact my car registered in the Federal Capital.” I knew that without the Lord my chances were slim. But I did just as my "angel" suggested. I handed the girl my green card and license. She checked in her computer and handed my documents back, saying, “Your car is registered in the Capital. We don't do those here.” I said, “I know that, but I haven’t time to go there for my verification.”  “Okay,” she replied, and in 15 more minutes I had my new sticker in the windshield… good for another year!!!  Without my personal “angel” I would almost certainly have been trapped at the first police check and in trouble every place I travel.

Thank you, Jesus, for your "angels". There is no doubt!  You are taking care of me big time!

Ralph

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ralph,

    When I´m around you, I feel so much love. You carry the Father´s love for me, and that changed me forever. Thank you. :)

    PS: That´s a prophetic photo ! You drink and leak... The Presence of God HA HA HA HA HAAA!!

    ReplyDelete