Monday, February 2, 2015

Honor Where Honor is Due

Thursday evening, January 29, 2015 I was privileged to be invited to a special celebration in honor of Elisabet, my daughter-in-law, who just retired after 34 years working for the University of California Santa Cruz.  The last 17 years of this time she has worked as Business Manager for the University of California Police Department.

 About 70 people attended the celebration…

including several policemen in uniform and a former police chief who also gave a speech honoring her. 


Her present chief presented her with a plaque of honor that is normally only given to sworn police officers.  They said it was the first time a Business Manager had been awarded this honor. 

There could be no doubt that Elisabet had performed her task faithfully, with the integrity of a true Christian and had in the process won the respect of everyone within the department.

Here she cuts the special cake loaded with chocolate and delicious cherries.


After the event was over and they were taking the decorations down I caught this lady decorating Elisabet, who everybody just calls “E”. 


As usual, my son Ron was running the sound and video.  And to prove that both he and I were there… I had someone catch this shot of us with “E”.

Elisabet is not retiring to do nothing, she already has another job at Mount Hermon Christian Conference Center… with less hours… less stress… and closer to her two horses; Tango and Solo, her cat; Emmy, their dog; Wally and her 3 chickens (which also have names, but I don’t remember them)... and… Oh yes!  I almost forgot her husband, my son, Ron there, at his cabinet shop at their mountain ranch in Felton, California.

Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment