Wednesday, February 4, 2015

This week's miracle


Yesterday I was privileged to minister at Lighthouse Christian Church, a “genuine miracle church” in Sonoma, California with Pastors Steven and Deena Reyes.  The pews are filled with young people (and some not so young) that have been saved out of drugs, crime, sickness and you name it.  Pastor Steve explained that in this rather high class area, people are typically not interested in hearing about God… that is… until they meet the “Miracle Working Savior.”  He pointed out to me numerous individuals in his congregation, each with a amazing miracle story. 

Even their new building is a miracle.  The last time Frances and I visited here (March 2010) they were in a small geodesic dome building with no room for expansion and no money to invest in property.  They needed a miracle. 


Shortly afterward they were offered this delightful new church building at a much better location for a miraculously low price. 

Both morning services were filled with holy excitement.  In between the two services I ministered to the children’s church upstairs. 

I regret that I failed to get any pictures of the group of darling little kids in children’s church.  But after church I did catch this 2 year old graphic artist who was proudly showing me the “picture” she had carefully drawn on an offering envelope.  It reminded me that I grew up drawing pictures in church J.


The second morning service started out with an explosion of praise.  A young mother was given the opportunity to share “this week’s miracle”.  She told how her husband had passed away some time ago with cancer, but even that had resulted in him coming to Christ before he died.  Then more recently her two little children, pictured here, had been diagnosed with a deadly generic disease that, if I understand correctly, destined them to suffer cancer as well.  The “miracle church” of believers had prayed for them.  Now with much emotion she told that after recent extensive tests she had just this week been advised by the doctors that all indication of the deadly disease had disappeared from both children!  There was much rejoicing. 

Felipe did his thing even in both morning adult services.  I have discovered that adults are just kids in a bigger body.  At the close of each morning service we enjoyed blessed times of spiritual refreshing as almost the entire congregation gathered to kneel around the altar.  God was at work in our hearts.

In the afternoon I moved to their old geodesic dome building, which they still own, to minister to their small, but growing Spanish speaking congregation.  I confess that in spite of a beautiful time in this service and around the altar at the close, I felt down inside that my message had fallen flat.  

The Spanish service was over and, although some had already left, I requested a picture of the group.  I noticed that one lady was talking with a teenage girl in the back, so I did not disturb them for the group picture.  

Later the lady introduced me to Nichellie and explained that she wanted to invite Christ into her life, but had requested to do it with me.  Together we knelt at the altar and a precious 15 year old took her first steps into the loving arms of her Savior.  My message may have seemed weak to me, but Jesus was there to bring new life in spite of me.  Yes, this was another miracle, the kind with eternal results!  Let’s pray that Nichellie finds her way into discipleship and spiritual maturity along with their vibrant youth group.  

Ralph




  

No comments:

Post a Comment