Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Day With Jesus

Friday  2-26-16 (Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina)     

Scripture reading for today:    Num 19 – 20   Psalm 28   Mark 5

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Mark 5:19-20 "Go home to your friends, and tell them what great things the Lord has done for you, and how He has had compassion on you." And he departed and began to proclaim in Decapolis all that Jesus had done for him; and all marveled.

Vs 34 And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction." 

Vs 41-42 "Little girl, I say to you, arise."  Immediately the girl arose and walked, for she was twelve years of age.  NKJV


O.  A man held bondage to powerful demons is delivered and goes a-preachin’... A woman who has suffered for 12 years is instantly healed as she reaches out to touch the hem of Jesus’ robe... and a 12 year old girl is raised from death to life and is handed back into the loving arms of her delighted parents.  It was just a day with Jesus.  The Apostle John who witnesses these and many other miracles closes his gospel with these words: And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.  (John 21:25 NKJV)


A.  In a single chapter... a single day, Jesus reveals Himself as my deliverer from any and all the forces of Satan, as the Healer of all my diseases (Psalm 103:3)... and finally as my Resurrection and my Life. 


P.  One day with You, Jesus, convinces me that You are enough for me.  I don’t need the added help of a string of beads, a dead saint or a ‘good luck’ charm.  You are my sufficient deliverer, healer and my resurrection to new and eternal life.  My heart is lifted to worship You!  And as I do I know that my Father, Your Father is pleased.  Hear my heart as it sings Your praises today.  Amen.


Ralph 

Today I happened across this beautiful “new” song (new to me at least) by Don Moen.

“Jesus, You are my Healer”   The chorus says: 

Jesus, You are my healer
Oh Jesus, touch me and I will be free.
Lord, by Your stripes I am healed, I am healed.
Oh Jesus, You are my Savior.
Oh Jesus, You are my strength and my shield.
I put my trust in Your name... in Your name, Oh Jesus... O Jesus.

To enjoy this great song by Don Moen, I invite you to copy and paste this link in your browser.



No comments:

Post a Comment