Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I’m livin’ under the spout where the glory comes out!

Sunday 3-6-16 (Colonia, Uruguay)     

Scripture reading for today:  Deut 3 - 4   Psalm 36   Mark 13

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Ps 36:7-9 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!  Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.  They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.  For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. NKJV


O.  Lovingkindness: protection, satisfaction, pleasures, life and light... the psalmist sees all this included in God’s precious lovingkindness.


A.  My days and nights are filled with short prayers of thanks and appreciation for all these blessings.  I actually live in them every day of my life.  We used to say, “I’m under the spout where the glory comes out.”  What a generous God we serve!


P.  Father God, there may be difficult times, but I am never abandoned and alone.  Your Holy Spirit keeps the river of joy flowing even in the most trying times.  My praises rise up to You on this, the Lord’s Day.  You responded to my prayers with another great service last night.  My confidence is in You and You alone as I stand to minister this morning here in Colonia, Uruguay and again tonight.  Let Your lovingkindness cause me to fully trust You.  Let Your fountain of Life and Light flow like a river over these congregations today.  Amen.



Rafael

No comments:

Post a Comment