Tuesday, March 1, 2016

“Covered”

Monday  2-29-16 (Dolores, Uruguay)     

Scripture reading for today:    Isaiah 61 (No chart for 2/29)

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Isaiah 61:10  I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.  NKJV


O.  What wonderful truths are expressed by this verse!  What joy!  What comfort! For although I was an unworthy sinner, God saw my repentant heart and chose to cover me with a robe of righteousness provided by the sacrifice of His only begotten Son!  And this robe is available to any and all of us for the asking.


A. 
Today is the only day of the year that there is no scripture reading suggested by our chart provided by Wayne Cordeiro’s book “The Divine Mentor” since February 29 only comes around every 4th year.  So this morning I asked the Lord to lead me to some meaningful text.  I opened my Spanish Bible and I immediately my eyes fell on these words “manto de justicia” “robe of righteousness”.  My heart said, “This is it!”  Why am I so filled with joy as I wake up on a Monday morning... again with only 5 hours of sleep... after two wonderful services yesterday in Nueva Palmira and Dolores?  It is because I am “covered”.  Hallelujah!

P.  I am not here to brag about my useless accomplishments.  I am here before You, my God, my Father, to thank You once again for Your marvelous generosity displayed for me... and for very wayward person on this planet.  Your gift of the garments of salvation... that cost You the death of Your Perfect Son... are there just waiting for us to repent and let you “cover us.”  Somewhere many years ago as I was ministering in a tent crusade I came across a delightful chorus and translated it into Spanish (below)... and preached its message that night.  Oh!  Lord God of heaven... What a blessing to be “covered with Your Son’s robe of righteousness!” Amen.


Ralph

Covered

I am covered over with the robe of Righteousness that
Jesus gives to me, gives to me.
I am covered over with the precious blood of Jesus
And He lives in me, lives in me.
What a joy it is to know my Heavenly Father loves me so,
He gives to me, My Jesus.
When He looks at me he sees not what I used to be, but
He sees Jesus, Jesus.

Yo estoy cubierto con el manto de justicia
Que Jesús me dio, Jesús me dio.
Yo estoy cubierto con su sangre preciosa
Que Jesús vertió, Jesús vertió
Oh! ¡Que gozo es saber que el Padre celestial me ama
Y me dio a Cristo.
Cuando Él me mira, Él no ve lo que yo era,
Sino a Cristo, Cristo.


No comments:

Post a Comment