Saturday, March 19, 2016

I’m either “all in”... or He wants me “all out”!

Saturday 3-12-16 (La Lucila, Buenos Aires)     

Scripture reading for today:  Deut 19 – 21    Gal 3

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Deut 20:5-8 "Then the officers shall speak to the people, saying: 'What man is there who has built a new house and has not dedicated it? Let him go and return to his house, lest he die in the battle and another man dedicate it.  Also what man is there who has planted a vineyard and has not eaten of it? Let him go and return to his house, lest he die in the battle and another man eat of it. And what man is there who is betrothed to a woman and has not married her? Let him go and return to his house, lest he die in the battle and another man marry her.' "The officers shall speak further to the people, and say,'What man is there who is fearful and fainthearted? Let him go and return to his house, lest the heart of his brethren faint like his heart.' NKJV



O.  Deut 20: 5-8 (reduced) “All you officers, trim your troops!”  “Listen up boys! Anybody here that has his heart elsewhere?  You would rather be with your wife and kids?  Are you thinking about your Mom’s cooking?  Were you just about to get married?  You’re thinking about your girlfriend aren’t you?  Some of you boys aren’t coming back, you know.  Does that frighten you?  Well, if so, we don’t need you!  Scram!  You are free to go home!”  NUHV



A.  Is my heart in the battle or with my kids and grandkids back home?  Well, I confess it is a tug-o-war.  I kind of feel like hugging my family now and then.  It would be nice to sit at the table with them.  But I heard my captain say, “Who can I send?  Who will go for us?”  And I raised my hand.  I said, “Over here, Lord.  Send me!” It was my choice... and it still is my choice.  And if I am going to be of any usefulness, I had better be ready to put my whole heart into it. 


P.  Oh Lord, give me an undivided heart had overflows with a passion for the lost.  You said, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62) NKJV  I get the idea that You are not looking for half-hearted workers or warriors.  You want us all in or all out.  Once in a while I need a jolt of Your Holy Spirit power to keep me marching in the right direction.  Amen.


Ralph




No comments:

Post a Comment