Saturday, March 19, 2016

My Chains are Gone!

Sunday 3-13-16 (La Lucila, Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Scripture reading:    Deut 22-24    Gal 4


S.  John 8:34-36 "Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” NKJV


Gal 4:4-7 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"  Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. NKJV


O.  What’s the bad news?  We all were bound as slaves to sin.  We could not free ourselves.  What’s the good news?  In due time Jesus came to set us free... and free indeed!


A.  Men will die for freedom.  It’s in our DNA.  I may strive to break the chains of sin, but I cannot.  Sin, too, is in my DNA.  That is why I need a Savior.  In due time He came... and Oh, what a Savior He is!


P.  Thank You Lord for breaking every ugly chain and setting me free.  Now I want to stay close to You... for You represent true liberty to me.  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment