Sunday, April 24, 2011

Meet me at the flag pole

Sorry for the confusing title yesterday. No…“Midway” is not a place. Actually I was just trying to find a short way to say “Altar Call in the middle of my sermon”… so I came up with “Midway Altar Call”. This altar call happened in one of our newer AG churches in the city of Cordoba.

I preached this morning, at a beautiful Easter Service in “Cordoba Christian Center”… a church planted in the 1980s by Missionaries Don and Melba Exley. It has become a national leader in missions giving. They are making a difference in the world. Tonight I ministered in our oldest church here in Cordoba “Bethel Church” (Iglesia Betel). It was there when we moved to this city in 1966, but now is in a new location. This happened to be Santiago and Lidia Zapata’s 30th anniversary as pastors of this church. It was a free-for-all as people ran forward to smother them with confetti and love. They have been our dear friends since 1966 when he was CA president (youth president) at this same church. At the close of the message several visitors came for salvation, among them “Somebody’s son” came home to Jesus.

Tomorrow morning I take a plane to Buenos Aires, but first I’ll be driven to a Christian grade school at 8 AM to minister to about 400 kids at the raising of the Argentine flag just before catching that plane. I don’t want to miss anybody… ha!

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment