Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Things kind of got out of hand

Happy Easter Week!


I flew into Cordoba yesterday… the city where we lived with our three little boys in 1966-67. Wow! It has grown! Check out the shot I took of just a little part of downtown from the plane as it was landing. I am now settled in at the Instituto Biblico Mediterraneo (IBM). The campus is located just outside the city. What fabulous ministry opportunities Jesus is giving me!

Easter week here is “Spiritual Emphasis Week” and I have been invited to minister three nights starting last night, Monday. Tonight, Tuesday, things kind of got out of hand… well, out of my hands at least. We preachers kind of like to think we have things under control. Well, I confess that idea flew out the window tonight. The bass player set his instrument aside and dropped to his knees, the singers quit singing, the drummer quit drumming. One young man left the prayer area and started walking back down the aisle. I watched, wondering why he was leaving. Suddenly he collapsed in a heap and remained lying there in prayer in the aisle for a long time. We all know that the Day of Pentecost comes 50 days after Easter. But here at the IBM I think it’s started early. Tonight the staff was having a hard time shutting the altar service down. Since dinner is served at about 11 PM after chapel, and since they are using the dining room for a chapel, things were being shuffled around to make it work. The service was officially ended, but the altars left open for those who were still praying (and there were many). Meanwhile they set up the tables and served dinner to the others. After dinner I finally left to retire to my room. Some students were still on the floor praying earnestly.

Maybe God is up to something. Don’t blame me! It was out of my hands!

Ralph






IBM 11:37 PM. Some eating, many still praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment