Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Riding in on Felipe's shirt-tail

Wow! Our minister son, Tim, just sent me the site to watch the three short Easter videos he produced for his local church! He often makes videos for his church and offers them for sale on Sermon Spice. If you wish to check them out, just click on: http://www.sermonspice.com/bundle/39424/he-loves-you-this-much-bundle.

Today I watched again Frances’ Memorial video that Tim prepared for his mother’s funeral. It is fantastic to have this as a keep-sake. I cried and laughed and sang all by myself sitting here in this prophet’s chamber. I miss Frances so much! But the Comforter is always present with me. I feel like I am living on the edge of something wonderful. Invitations and possibilities abound. I should be curled up somewhere feeling sorry for myself, but God has pushed me out into a new and quite different life with almost zero stress and maximum blessing. These Argentine churches often give me a “love offering”. And when I am with them they don’t let me spend anything… except by anonymously giving in church offerings. So I mostly spend those pesos on long distance travel and on food and lodging when I am alone, and since I am preaching almost every day at least once… that “alone thing” only happens when I make it happen. Yesterday afternoon and this morning I was alone… and I think I really needed it.

This afternoon I met with Missionaries Kim and Shari Babcock. Kim and Shari are wanting to schedule me in their King’s Castle youth leaders events in a couple of provinces in July and September. I turned July down in order to get my feet on the ground in the USA during the summer, but am considering the possibility of September. I think this event may be in Cordoba, in which case I could probably schedule those three Christian schools, too, plus many churches in the area. The Lord still helps me to connect somehow with kids, teenagers, young adults and even the aged. Actually, to give credit where credit is due, my sidekick, Felipe, is the one in heavy demand. I just ride in on his shirt-tail and behold… he lets me do the preaching.

At Merlo tonight two little boys remained quietly in prayer for at least 40 minutes, long after the adults and youth had left the altar area. One looks like he is 8 and the other maybe 11. Who knows what God is doing inside those tender hearts? (Photos)



Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment