Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Try It Sometime


If you think I am suffering too much, check out the view from my hotel balcony. The delightful sound of crashing surf tickles my ears as I write this. I have been looking forward to my four days ministering nightly in this area. Frances and I always loved to stop here at Las Grutas with our “mobile-home ministry”. This popular seacoast resort is named after the natural formation of hundreds of tiny grotto-like caves and strange formations in the long cliff that descends to the beach. I captured some photos as I walked on the beach early this morning while the sun was just rising over the eastern horizon. Check out that “Tall Dude” (photo below).




























Last night I ministered in Valcheta, 65 miles to the west. This is another one of the many churches started by the late Pastor Pedro Sepulveda. The place was packed with curious kids, adults and even the kid’s school teacher, all anxious to see a real live ventriloquist. Of course first my friendly little skunk, Perfume, had to come out and be petted by all the kids. I always let them know that she “hardly ever bites.” Who could ever have dreamed that kids would be so delighted to pet a real live (well almost) skunk puppet? She wiggles a lot and is made of real fur and a touch confirms the illusion that she is the real thing. (Photo) Then Felipe tells a Bible story and messes it up good so I have to straighten him out. (Photo) He never learns. Finally, now that I have the kids of all ages in the palm of my hand, I can share the wonderful story of Jesus and His love. I get to do this every single night… Wow! The Felipe gig brings ‘em in and captures their attention. Then I get to minister to both kids and adults. At the end last night the whole place was enveloped in power-packed prayer. Those that were kneeling filled the front, then the center aisle, then they stacked up the plastic chairs to make room for more.

When people get down close to ground level and do business with God things happen… like conviction, repentance, salvation, cleansing, Holy Spirit baptism, healings, miracles or a call to ministry. Our USA churches ought to try it sometime.

The tide is in. The sun is out. It’s a gorgeous autumn afternoon in Las Grutas, Patagonia… my beautiful Argentina.

Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment