Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fixed Attention

Today is Thursday so I get to rest. At breakfast, Brother Antonio, who runs this establishment, told me that there is a small public elementary school in this little town with only 23 kids of all ages… and he knows the principal… and “Would I be willing to do a little thing with Felipe and Perfume during their recess?” Why not? Felipe can sow seeds of the love of Jesus in places where preachers fear to tread. That’s coming up in a few minutes. On my day off I just do fun stuff like this.
(An hour later) Check out the fixed attention on those faces. They didn’t miss a thing! I gave the school principal a DVD of Felipe’s Bible stories. She seemed delighted. I have a feeling that the kids may get to see the whole thing in the classroom soon. Felipe just keeps “preaching… preaching… preaching…” in places even I can’t go.

Ralph