Saturday, September 10, 2011

Clear the Tracks!

Cordoba… north central Argentina. I have been invited to stay in the lovely home of Missionaries Steve and Sonia Wallace, the directors of IBM, our Assemblies of God “Instituto Biblico Mediterreano.”
Check out my comfortable room. And Sonia is a good cook, too.
Via Skype last night I was able to talk to my son, Tim, his wife Cheryl and my grandkids, Michelle and Evan, while watching them on my computer screen, (see photo.) It was almost as good as a visit to their home. I may “camp out” here for another week or so while ministering in schools and churches in this area.
I came to this area primarily to speak for a youth camp. King’s Castle team leaders from several provinces are meeting for a spiritual retreat. These are mostly teenagers who lead groups of other teenagers in their churches. The “Castilleros”, as they are called here, are talented, leadership-oriented youth who are sold-out for Jesus.




The King’s Castle ministry is blessed in Argentina to be led by a very special missionary couple, Kim and Shari Babcock (photo). The services are packed with enthusiastic worship and thirsty hearts are wide open to drink in the messages from God’s word.




Last night, Friday, at the closing invitation, much time was spent in fervent prayer. Many were weeping as God was at work deep in their hearts. An hour later, while I was picking up my Hawaiian guitar and sound equipment, I noticed an unusually large puddle of tears where I had seen one teenage boy kneeling. There can be no doubt, sincerity was there.
I know I am looking into the faces of young men and women that soon will become powerful leaders in God’s service. Some of them already demonstrate qualities of leadership that astound me. One girl, Noetlia, now 19 years old, spearheaded and organized a powerful and very successful children’s event for her city officials with a response of over 5,000 kids when she was only 16!

Noelia is the girl on the left in this photo. Among many other results, the mayor and his wife were converted and now faithfully attend our AG church there!

(Sound effect... Wooo WOOOOoooo...train whistle) Clear the tracks! Here come the “Castilleros!”