Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No Duds Here!

I never cease to be amazed at the quality of our missionary team here in Argentina. As I hang around these people more, I get more and more impressed. And certainly the Babcocks are up there near the top of the list. Their passion for the lost, their dedication to the youth, their heart of service to others… bat 1000… and the list goes on and on.

I was having a terrible time trying to get a cell phone that can be paid by the month here. I was having to buy terribly expensive minutes and always was running out. Kim invited me to ride on his plan like I was one of his sons. We went into their office together. After looking at us they weren’t too sure if I could pass for his son… ha… but they accepted the idea with no problem… except it still took him almost two weeks and many hours of his valuable time including two visits to the Movistar (cell phone) office to get my new plan activated. Both he and Shari are incredible people… and have what it takes to get the job done. And they are reproducing hundreds of their own kind in this fertile land!


I am now in Cordoba staying with Steve and Sonia Wallace… another incredible couple. He directs the Bible School here. I am so thrilled that Argentina gets the best of the best. Sonia is a good cook, too.


What do you call a firecracker when it fizzles? A dud? If so, we have no duds here! Praise God!

Ralph
PS. The world needs to know. A lot of these dedicated people don’t blow their own horn much. So somebody’s got to do it for them… ha.