Tuesday, February 14, 2017

God says, “Many people here in this city belong to me!”

Saturday 2-11-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Lev 15 – 17 and Acts 18
S = Scripture  O = Observation  A = Application  P = Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S. Acts 18:9-11 One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision and told him, "Don't be afraid! Speak out! Don't be silent!  For I am with you, and no one will harm you because many people here in this city belong to me."  So Paul stayed there for the next year and a half, teaching the word of God. NLT

O. What was Paul’s goal as he traveled from city to city? I think he was hoping to leave in each city a body of believers forming an infant church. He apparently left Athens with only a handful of believers with no mention of a church being established. Now in Corinth and faced with heavy opposition from the Jews, the Lord speaks to him in a night vision to enlarge his expectations and encourage him to stick around for a while. So, he stayed a year and a half.

A. There is certainly something to the principle:According to your vision will be your results.” I entered into the La Boca ghetto with very limited anticipation.  After seven months of nightly meetings, God had to bring Pastor Claude Qualls all the way from West Virginia to speak the “Jesus vision” into my soul. I was literally changed. It was as though God had spoken. I did not have any more money or a larger congregation. I was still crowded in a 12’ x 12’ room, but God had enlarged my vision. Joy filled my heart. By faith I saw where God was taking us. And in His time, God gave us a great church. 9 years later I was driving around another area of the great city of Buenos Aires. By my side was a young enthusiastic convert, Osvaldo Carnival, freshly graduated from Bible School. He poured out to me his God-given vision of thousands of converts. I didn’t want to dampen his vision, but it sounded impossible to me. I was still learning that God is big enough to fulfill the gigantic vision He gives us… and often He even far exceeds the limits of that vision.

P. Oh Lord, I am still slowly learning that You can to fulfill any vision You give me. Keep me tuned in to Your voice. It seems I hear You saying You are not through with me yet. Just keep me truckin’ and on track. Don’t let me run ahead or lag behind. My joy is to follow You to new visionary heights just ahead. Amen.


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment