Thursday, February 23, 2017

My precious treasure is dwindling.

Thursday 2-23-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Num 12 – 13, Psalm 90 and Mark 2
S = Scripture,  O = Observation,  A = Application,  P = Prayer,  SOAP for the soul.


S. Ps 90:12 Teach us to make the most of our time, so that we may grow in wisdom. NLT

O. Other versions translate Ps 90:12 more literally: Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. NIV   These words form a brief prayer that can apply to all people of any nation.

A. But how can I number my days? I have no assurance of tomorrow. At any moment I could leave behind this tiny video clip of eternity called “time” and go where “time” will no longer be counted. I think about it more now that I have passed the 85 year mark. Since I really can’t “count” my days, at least I can value my days, and make every day “count.”

P. Heavenly Father: As I was reading through this psalm, this short prayer seemed to leap out at me. I can flitter away 16 hours far too easily. What I intend to do here on earth, I must do now… for I have no promise of tomorrow down here. When I fix my eyes on the horizon I can almost see the end of my “time.” My “step into eternity” draws closer with every sunset.  For me and for all of us, our “time” is our most precious commodity. God, please help me to use it well today.  Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment