Monday, February 20, 2017

In the middle of the storm, can I say, “I believe God?”

Monday 2-20-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Num 7, Psalm 23 and Acts 27
S = Scripture,  O = Observation,  A = Application,  P = Prayer,  SOAP for the soul.


S. Acts 27:22-26 But take courage! None of you will lose your lives, even though the ship will go down. For last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me, and he said, 'Don't be afraid, Paul, for you will surely stand trial before Caesar! What's more, God in his goodness has granted safety to everyone sailing with you.' So take courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said. But we will be shipwrecked on an island." NLT

O. The first time Paul spoke, nobody wanted to take him seriously. He was a nobody, just another prisoner in chains. But now after his predictions came true, the prisoner, Paul, basically took control of the ship. Everything was out of control. All hope to survive was lost. So now Paul gets all 275 men aboard together and shouts over the storm, “Take courage, every one of you! I had a visitor from my God last night and he told me that even though the ship will go down, all of us are going to be saved alive!” Then he adds, “So hang in there, boys! Because I believe God!” Without doubt the atmosphere aboard ship changed with that “word” of assurance from God.

A. When the storm rages around me and all hope is lost, can I believe God? Do I need an angelic visit? Isn’t it enough that Jesus gave me His Word assuring me that He would never leave my side?

P.  Lord, I admit it. At stormy times like that, I need a heavenly visitor. I know that You are still there, but I need to hear a personal “Word” rising over the sound of the howling wind. Your special “Word” can change chaos into stability, for now there is hope… for I have chosen to say, along with Brother Paul, “I believe God!” Amen.

Ralph




No comments:

Post a Comment