Thursday, February 23, 2017

Yesterday, Tuesday, Feb 21, I met with our District World Missions Team.  This was only my second WMT meeting with our new District Superintendent, Bret Allen. During our discussion it was mentioned that Missionaries Mike and Judy Santiago had taken on a new role.  They are picking up where I left off about 8 years ago helping our district churches to get excited and up-to-speed in their partnership with Assemblies of God World Missions.

You gotta meet this couple! They served as Assemblies of God World Missionaries for 50 years… first in Ecuador, South America; then in Panama and Venezuela. Later they accepted the challenge to Equatorial Guinea in Africa, then to Swaziland and finally in Zambia, Africa.  They planted many churches, taught Bible Schools, founded “Charisma Leadership Seminars” and much more.  Mike grew up in New York, when as a kid he skated on the ice for fun.  California doesn’t offer much ice where they live in Roseville, so he has taken up roller blading on the street at a young 80 years old. J Wave at him if you see him zoom by. And you can talk to him in Spanish if you like… Both are bilingual.

Now that they are officially retired from AGWM, they have volunteered to step into “Missions Awareness” for the District. So when I heard this, I called them and told them that I still have some materials in my garage left over from my time with national MAT.  So last night I packed my car with some boxes and this morning drove to Roseville (Mission Villa) and left all that I had in their hands.  Among the things I gave them are many excellent materials prepared by Missionary Paul Brannan who now serves the Kentucky District as Missions Leader.  Paul is a veritable “machine” for cranking out new materials to promote missions, including many excellent Power Point inspirational and teaching aides. I gave Mike everything I had stored in my garage… and even though I stepped out of that role years ago, I kind of felt like I was “passing the baton” to this capable, younger couple.

Mike and Judy Santiago can be reached at (916) 878-1577 cell or 916) 297-7857 home.  They’ll come and inspire your church to new heights in World Missions.  They receive no salary for what they are doing, so if you want to help with their monthly support or just an offering, they have an account with the Northern California-Nevada District office.

So, Mike and Judy, “Go for it!”  You are no strangers to our wonderful district and we always can use a boost in our world missions vision!

Ralph





No comments:

Post a Comment