Thursday, February 23, 2017

Lord, but they are not part of our church!

Wednesday 2-22-17, Modesto, California
Today we read Num 10 – 11, Psalm 27 and Mark 1
S = Scripture,  O = Observation,  A = Application,  P = Prayer,  SOAP for the soul.


S. Num 11:27-30 A young man ran and reported to Moses, "Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp!" Joshua son of Nun, who had been Moses' personal assistant since his youth, protested, "Moses, my master, make them stop!" But Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD's people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his Spirit upon them all!" Then Moses returned to the camp with the leaders of Israel. NLT

O. Moses had called together 70 leaders to help him carry the load of the complaining Israelites. And the Lord took some if the Spirit of Moses and placed it upon these 70 and they began to prophecy.  But two men that had not been in that meeting were found prophesying. Someone reported them to Moses. Even Joshua thought that they should be hushed, but Moses said, “Wonderful! I wish everyone could worship and glorify God this way!”

A. I must recognize that my group of believers is not the only people that God can use. He might even use some teenager to bring many to Christ. God does not require a doctoral degree to be a blessing to others. A degree may prepare a chosen servant to be a great blessing, but God is not limited to our little circle. Can I rejoice when God uses greatly someone outside my denomination? I certainly can and I must! It seems that the Lord chooses the weakest for a great conquest.

P. Lord God: Sometimes we want to place you in a neat little box with our name attached, but You are big enough to use anyone You choose. Your disciples tried to silence a man who was casting out demons in Your name, And You said, “Leave him alone… He is certainly not our enemy.” Jealousy can become a vicious enemy within Your servants. Help me to recognize it immediately if it rises in my own heart. And if I see it in my brother, may I be able to speak lovingly to him or her to help them silence those dangerous, bitter thoughts. You can even use a small child. Amen.

Ralph




No comments:

Post a Comment