Saturday, September 12, 2015

Why do I Worship?

Saturday   9-12-15  (Home in Modesto, California)

Scripture reading:  Dan 3-4    Ps 81    Rev. 17

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Dan 4:34  After this time had passed, I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshiped the Most High and honored the one who lives forever.  His rule is everlasting, and his kingdom is eternal.  NLT


O.  King Nebuchadnezzar’s armies had conquered basically all the world known to him.  He was, in his own eyes, king of the world.  He was walking on the roof of his palace worshiping himself when God stepped in and lowered him to the level of a wild beast.  Then after a long period, God restored his sanity and his kingdom. 


The atheist and evolutionist is often an unaware worshiper.  His is a religion of self worship.  “I created myself, all by myself.  It took me 53 million years, but here I am now.  Look!  I am king of the world.  Don’t come to me with fairy tales.  I have reasoned my Creator unnecessary. ”


A.  Why do I worship God?  Does He need my worship?  Are not the vast angelic beings, who do a better job singing in God’s choir, sufficient?  Does He need me to add my little guitar and my squeaky voice to theirs?  I have concluded that He encourages me to worship Him, so that I will recognize my place in this great universe.  When I worship God, I am not only acknowledging His greatness, but my own lowliness.  The very fact that I can reason is a gift from my Creator.  


P.  Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the privilege of worship!   I love music, especially the kind that lifts up Your name.  I love to sing Your praises.  I enjoy recognizing my blessings as gifts from Your throne.  Who am I to be even acknowledged by my Creator?  But Your Son, Jesus, teaches me that You are big enough to even take notice when a tiny sparrow falls.  Your greatness takes in even the meditations of my mind. 


And You, my very big God, are inviting me out to dinner with You.  Rev 3:20-21 "Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends.  NLT  Awesome!  How about today at 1 PM?  Amen.


Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment