Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Helpless, Abandoned Newborn Baby

Tuesday   9-1-15 (Home in Modesto)

Scripture reading:  Eze. 15-16    Ps 70    Rev 6

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Ezek 16:4-7  When you were born, no one cared about you. Your umbilical cord was left uncut, and you were never washed, rubbed with salt, and dressed in warm clothing. No one had the slightest interest in you; no one pitied you or cared for you. On the day you were born, you were dumped in a field and left to die, unwanted. "But I came by and saw you there, helplessly kicking about in your own blood. As you lay there, I said, 'Live!'  And I helped you to thrive like a plant in the field. You grew up and became a beautiful jewel.  NLT


O.  Ezekiel’s vision is a beautiful, yet tragic picture of Israel.  God chose her, lifted her from slavery and poverty and brought her prosperity, but now she has scorned Him, turned against Him and even sacrifices her own children, brutally killing them for the gods of the surrounding heathens.  It is the graphic story of the rescue of an abandoned baby girl... lifted out of the dirt, cleaned up, loved, blessed and now grown up to be beautiful.   But then... she forgets her past blessings and abandons her Maker.


A.  But why am I sobbing?  Why are teardrops running down my cheeks this morning?  Why has this story left me in tears?  It’s because I am that tiny baby.  I was nobody.  I was poverty stricken.  I had no hope for developing into anything useful or desirable.  I had no talents, no beauty... I had nothing to offer. 


P.  Then You, Lord Jesus, came by and You saw me there, kicking about in my futile effort to survive... and You said, “Live!”  You said, “The thief came to steal from you, to kill you and to destroy you, but I have come to give you life... abundant life!”  Jesus, everything I am I owe to You.  May I never abandon You for another!  May I never turn on You!  You have given me every reason to be faithful to You to the end.  You lifted me up when I was nothing.  Please come again in Your grace and mercy and lift me once more in Your tender arms of love to dry these tears.  Thank You, Lord!  I love You!  Amen.

Ralph


PS. Why and I still weeping?  Maybe it is because I know someone, someone I care about... who has turned their back on their Creator and Benefactor.  I weep for them and pray that You will never cease to knock on their heart’s door until they open it once again and invite You back into their life.  


No comments:

Post a Comment