Monday, August 31, 2015

Noah, Job and Billy Graham

Monday 8-31-15 (Home in Modesto)
Scripture reading:  Eze. 12-15    Rev 5

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ezek 14:14  Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were there, their righteousness would save no one but themselves, declares the Sovereign LORD.

Vs 16  Even if these three men were there, the Sovereign LORD swears that it would do no good — it wouldn't save the people from destruction. Those three alone would be saved, but the land would be devastated.

Vs 20 Even if Noah, Daniel, and Job were living there, the Sovereign LORD swears that they could not save the people. They alone would be saved by their righteousness.  NLT


O.  God is speaking though the prophet Ezekiel.  He is emphasizing the severe judgment that will soon come upon Jerusalem.  Eight times in Ezekiel’s prophecy God compares Jerusalem’s evil to that of Sodom which He had destroyed totally.  Now God brings up the names of three men that represent His honorable servants over the years, Noah, Daniel and Job, saying that even if they had lived in Jerusalem only they would be saved.  Both Noah and Job’s fame were from long ago.  However Daniel was a contemporary of Ezekiel.  Yet his name represented an honorable servant of the living God, a man of integrity.


A.  This might be like saying even if Noah, Job and Billy Graham all lived in Washington DC or San Francisco today, it would not suffice to save it from God’s wrath for only they would escape.  I am not suggesting that God should rain fire and brimstone down upon us... yet.  I am only pointing out that God sought out some famous honorable servants to use as examples and one of them, Daniel, was a contemporary.  


So, the same God that looked down and sought out a contemporary to represent honesty, integrity, godliness and wisdom... is looking down upon me today.  So here is the question:  If I were famous enough to serve as an example, would the God of heaven have chosen me?  I know myself and God knows me even better than I know myself.  I know that I do not qualify, but I have a Savior!  Oh Hallelujah!  Jesus took my destruction upon Himself.  He stands today between me and a Perfect, Holy God and I rest upon His sacrifice in my place, His holiness, His grace, His mercy and His love.


P.  Oh Lord God, I praise You today, for You sent me a Savior.  I was doomed for destruction... I was marked for judgment, but You, just because of Your divine love, sent Your Son to take my place and suffer the rejection and judgment  that I deserved.  Oh What a Savior... Oh hallelujah!   Amen.


Ralph
Oh!  What  a Savior
 Marvin P. Dalton in 1948

Once I was straying in sin's dark valley,
No hope within could I see,
He came from Heaven, my Blessed Savior
To save a poor lost soul like me.

O what a Savior, O hallelujah!
His heart was broken on Calvary,
His hands were nail scarred,
His side was riven,
He gave His life-blood for even me.

He left the Father with all His riches,
With calmness sweet and serene,
Came down from Heaven and gave His life-blood,
To make the vilest sinner clean.

O what a Savior, O hallelujah!
His heart was broken on Calvary,
His hands were nail scarred,
His side was riven,
He gave His life-blood for even me.

Death's chilly waters I'll soon be crossing,
His hand will lead me safe o're,
I'll join the chorus in that bright city,
And sing up there forever more.

O what a Savior, O hallelujah!
His heart was broken on Calvary,
His hands were nail scarred,
His side was riven,
He gave His life-blood for even me.



No comments:

Post a Comment