Friday, August 21, 2015

More than “these?”

Wednesday 8-19-15 (Mount Lassen Campmeeting)

Scripture reading:  Jer. 45 – 47   Psalm 105   John 21

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  John 21:10-12  "Bring some of the fish you've just caught," Jesus said.  So Simon Peter went aboard and dragged the net to the shore. There were 153 large fish, and yet the net hadn't torn. "Now come and have some breakfast!" Jesus said.  Vs 15  After breakfast Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?"  NLT


O.  The disciples were worn out.  They had labored all night long with no results.  Now they had struggled to bring in 153 large fish in their nets.  They had pulled them up on the shore and even counted them.  And now Jesus invites them to a specially prepared breakfast. Their host and cook will be the resurrected Jesus Himself.  Wow!


A.   I think I hear Jesus calling me to have breakfast with Him this morning.  Do you hear Him?  Is He calling you, too?  Here we come, Jesus.  It’s so nice to share the table with You.  What’s that you are saying, Lord?  “Do I love you more than these?”  Well, maybe that depends upon what “these” are.  Just tell me, what do You mean by “these”?  What?!  Are You really saying that “these” are anything and anybody... that I might love more than I love You? 


P.  Oh precious Savior.  If there is anything or anybody in my life that I love more than You, just show me... and I will try to place You as my first love.  Oh... that is why You called me to breakfast with You?  You wanted to restructure my priorities?  Lord help me keep my love for You at the top of my list.  Amen.


Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment