Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Jesus is always on time. Am I?

Wednesday 8-5-15 (Clermont, suburb of Orlando, Florida)

Scripture reading:  2 Kings 23     2 Chron 35     John 7

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  John 7:30 Then the leaders tried to arrest him; but no one laid a hand on him, because his time had not yet come. NLT  In John 2:4; 7:6; 7:30; 8:20 Jesus’ “time has not yet come.”

John 12:23  "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified… vs 27-28… what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour.  Father, glorify your name!"

John 13:1 “Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father.”

John 16:22  Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice

John 17:1 Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. NIV


O.  I have compiled eight of the scripture references in John’s gospel that speak of Jesus’ “time” or His “hour.” Jesus knew the clock was running.  When His mother wanted Him to get involved in the moment of need at the wedding feast, Jesus answered, “Mother dear, my time has not yet come.”  Still, since she persisted, He relented and performed His first miracle... then shortly thereafter many more miracles.  Now in the 7th chapter the temple guards are sent to arrest Him, but they couldn’t get a grip on Him because His time had not yet come.  God lives in a timeless eternity, but His perfect time-clock runs the universe.  And when Jesus’ time finally came, and He was fully aware of the intense suffering and cruel death awaiting Him… even though He sweat great drops of blood… His time had come and He stepped up to the plate.


A.  Does God have a time-clock for me, for my life, my protection, my usefulness and my final moments on this planet?  As I look back across the events of my adventurous life, I have to say a vibrant, “Yes.”  And this fact clears me of all fear of the future, for “I know Who holds tomorrow and I know He holds my hand.”


P.  Lord of the universe, keep my ‘on time’.  May my schedule be Your schedule!  May I not become lazy and stay in bed when I should be up and ready to take a walk with You or to just sit at Your feet and listen.  And at the right time stir my soul into action.  Whenever Your “GO” gets weak and distant, may I hear it one more time.  And may my feet be shod* and ready, prepared to carry Your Gospel of Peace to the ends of the earth.  Amen.


Ralph

*“… your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;” (Eph 6:15) KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment