Saturday, August 8, 2015

GO, SAY, BE!

Saturday 8-8-15 (Clermont, Florida suburb of Orlando)

Scripture reading:  Jer 1 – 3    John 10

S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.



S. Jer 1:6-9 "O Sovereign LORD," I said, "I can't speak for you! I'm too young!"  "Don't say that," the LORD replied, "for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you.  And don't be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and take care of you. I, the LORD, have spoken!"  Then the LORD touched my mouth and said, "See, I have put my words in your mouth!”  NLT



O.  The first verses of Isaiah chapter 6 tell of the prophet Isaiah’s remarkable call to God’s service.  Here now in the very first chapter of Jeremiah we have God’s call to him.  In Isaiah’s case a cherub used tongs to take a burning coal from altar and touch his lips.  Now here Jeremiah testifies that Jehovah God touched his mouth.  Each of these men became a mouth-piece for the Lord.  They spoke and wrote under the inspiration of God’s Spirit.  They said “Yes” to 
the call and it cost them their whole lives in service to Him.


A.  Last Saturday I preached to a beautiful group of children from several churches along with their parents in Modesto.  I taught them to sing the GO, SAY, BE song.  Many of us remember the chorus, “I’ll GO where You want me to GO, dear Lord, Over mountain or plain or sea, I’ll SAY what You want me to SAY, dear Lord.  I’ll BE what You want me to BE.”  At the close of a simple missionary message I asked those that would be willing to GO, SAY and BE whatever God called them for to come forward for prayer.  About 12 came up.  (Sorry no picture)  Who knows what the Lord may do with these lives?!


P.  Dear Master of the Harvest, You called to me when I was a little child and with tears I said “Yes.”  Then You called me again… and again I said, “Yes” with tears.  Then again and again… until as an adolescent I was totally convinced that You would never send me anywhere.  I thought You were just wanting to hear my “Yes” once more.  More than two decades of this, and then one day You spoke again and I answered the same as always, but this time… You touched my heart with a burden for Argentina that would never fade… and suddenly I knew WHERE You would have me to GO, SAY and BE.  Lord God, You called Isaiah, Jeremiah and a kid named RalphI pray that You may now call an army of children and youth that cry out “Here I am, Lord.  Send me!”  Amen.



Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment