Thursday, August 27, 2015

You have won my heart!


Thursday 8-27-15 (Home in Modesto)

Scripture reading:  Jer. 52   Ps 143-144    Rev 1
S = Scripture O = Observation A = Application P = Prayer   SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ps 143:10  Teach me to do your will, for you are my God.  May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. NLT

O.  The writer of this psalm recognizes that God has a purpose and plan for his life.  He is aware that he can seek, find and follow that plan or go his own way and stumble and fail.  This psalm is a plea for God’s intervention.  The very next psalm is one of trust and assurance.

A.  The choice is mine.  I can seek, find and follow God’s way or stumble around trying to find my own way.  God’s way leads me to stand on the solid rock of His Word.  My way may quickly lead me into the sinking sand of man’s fragile logic. 

P.  God, I thank You that Your way is laced with design and purpose.  Man’s way, against all logical odds, refuses to recognize a Designer.  Such men’s religion forces them to take a giant leap of faith.  They cannot fail to see intricate, delicate design in every living thing... and yet, against all logic, they choose to erase the possibility of a Designer of it all.  

You are not only my Designer, Creator and Guide, You are my loving Companion, my Giver of Life, my Joy and my Song!  Yes, Lord, like the psalmist, You put a song in my heart.  I have fallen in love with You.  You have won my heart!  Amen.

Ralph   

"I'm in Love with the Lover of my Soul" by Phil Kerr
PS.  If you have the time and want an unusual experience... here's an ancient 8 minute film, go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422yGi5zhP4  You will meet Phil Kerr the author of "I'm in Love with the Lover of my Soul" and Sol Hoopii, inventor of the electric Hawaiian guitar singing with Phil Kerr, (who I heard at Youth For Christ when I was a teenager) on the piano... and then Sol Hoopii playing "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" on the Hawaiian guitar. 




No comments:

Post a Comment