Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Catedral de Alabanza in Lujan

A few months ago Pastors Walter and Rebeca invited me to minister March 22nd in Lujan to celebrate the 26th anniversary of their church, Catedral de Alabanza (Cathedral of Praise).  

I had never met Walter and Rebeca Diaz, but on the recommendation of Missionaries Rocky and Sherry Grams I invited them to come from El Calafate in the deep south to help us plant a church here.  My good friends, Missionaries David and Doris Godwin held our first crusade… while the building still had no front wall at all.  Later with the help of an architect we designed the above church front to enclose the building.  Then First AG of Phoenix sent us a team of builders that worked very hard to build that huge complicated wall with all those big windows and the main entrance. 

The Godwins donated us a keyboard, but when I turned the church into the hands of this couple, they still had no musicians to play it.  I’ll never forget their little son always wanted to carry Felipe’s case to the car, but he could hardly lift it… He is standing with the group in the photo above. 


Now the pastor’s sons and other young men and women are deeply involved in the worship music and evangelism.  Their daughter in law and sons led the worship time and the platform was blessed with a great team of young, excellent musicians. 

Little hands reached out to pet Perfume… sometimes slightly hesitant.  I don’t know why.  I tell them that she hardly ever bites.


Rebeca helped me with Felipe.


I had them sing an ancient chorus which I had translated into Spanish, “Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.  All his wonderful passion and purity.  Oh, Thou Spirit Divine, All my nature refine, Till the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.”  

Then I led them in prayer and ministered the Word.  Some of you know that my voice has been extremely weakened by ministering and praying for people.  But even after preaching Thursday night at the Bible School and Saturday night at the new church building near the Congress building in the heart of Buenos Aires, my voice held strong for this service.  And I have another one tonight, Monday, in a few moments, with the Castilleros youth and a team from the USA and tomorrow night closing out a seminar for 500 workers in San Justo.


After service we had a celebration complete with refreshments and two delicious cakes.

God is so good to allow me these privileges!

Ralph





No comments:

Post a Comment