Friday, March 27, 2015

The Church on “Pot-hole Street”

The Church on “Pot-hole Street”

Actually it is “paved” and called San Luis Street, but I renamed it.  The holes are so huge, deep and frequent that you cannot avoid them.  You just lower the front wheels gently to the bottom and then climb out on the other side.  But a great church has been raised up by Ruben and Susana Potanski and their family in this needy area of the large city of Moreno, a suburb of Buenos Aires!  

Notice the giant poster backdrop: “Invasion of the Love of God.”  Many of our AG churches cooperate all over the country, each in its area, in this annual outreach.  An attempt is made to visit every home simply asking if they have needs that they would like the church team to pray for: financial, healing, family needs, whatever.  These are written on a special card along with the name and address.  These cards go to a revolving team that prays around the clock, 24/7, carrying each request to the Lord with faith for results.  A follow up visit is made to rejoice with the testimonies of the miracles that happened and with an invitation to the person to come share that miracle at the church.  Last night there were at least 7 new people visiting as a result.  At the close of the service I prayed with a lady who said she had received a physical miracle.  She was sitting in the back row, but I noticed she was weeping as I closed my message.  I later picked my way through the maze of kneeling seekers to where she was kneeling in the aisle near the front, to help her into an eternal miracle that will open the doors of heaven to her.  The team will follow up. 

Pastor Ruben hadn’t played the accordion for years, but tried mine out and couldn’t resist asking to play an “accordion-steel guitar duet” with me… and people sang along.


Smiles often light up the faces of little children when they pet Perfume, the skunk.  Check out the sharp contrast of my 83 year old hands and hers!  The “old going out” and the “new coming in”!


After Felipe did his thing, I had the adult congregation join me in blessing the children.


A photographer captured these darling faces during the prayer.


This little “talk-a-thon” came to me with something important to say.  She spoke clearly and loudly into the mic.  She sounded so sure of herself and poised.  Everybody loved it… several sentences, nicely framed, but only she knew what they meant.  We needed someone with the gift of interpretation.  There was resounding applause. 

Then just as I was about to send the little children back to their seats, this little girl stepped up to me.  Many of the children reached by this church are from non-Christian homes.  She spoke quietly, “Please pray for my mother.”  I asked, “Is your mother here?”  “No.”


I held her in my arms as I prayed for her mother and her home.  Who knows all that was behind this desperate plea?

“Blessed Jesus she is only one of tens of thousands in this area.  Help us to reach them with Your love!”

Ralph





No comments:

Post a Comment