Saturday, March 28, 2015

Putting it All in Perspective

Saturday 3-28-15 (Martinez, Argentina)

Scripture reading: Judges 4-5   Ps 39, 41   1 Cor 13


S.   Ps 39:5-7  My life is no longer than the width of my hand.  An entire lifetime is just a moment to you; human existence is but a breath." (Interlude.) We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing.  We heap up wealth for someone else to spend.  And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?  My only hope is in you. NLT


O.  Psalm 39 puts life in perspective.  Even the interlude emphasizes it.  It says, “Just stop and think about that!” We are “moving shadows… busy rushing… going nowhere… heaping up wealth… and dying before we can enjoy it.”  So where should I put my hope?  I will put it in my Eternal Loving God!


A.  Someone said to me years ago, “We have it all planned out.  We will be able to retire in 5 years and just enjoy life.”  But then came a major economic crash and years later they are working hard trying to crawl out from under the rubble.  Another heaped up a massive fortune and died in a freak accident.  These were good people, successful people, even generous people… yet life is uncertain and God’s word encourages us to store up our riches in heaven where thieves cannot break in nor rust corrupt. 


P.  I thank You, Lord God for miraculously and generously providing for my every need during this latter time of my life here on this earth.  You have been and continue to be my Supplier and the Source of all good things.  I praise You for these blessings.  I know that my life is no longer than the width of my hand and the years pass by like moments.  But I have placed my hope in You and soon I will step into another realm where time shall be no more.  There, although unworthy… yet considered worthy through Your perfect sacrifice on the cross, I will bow down before Your magnificent glory and I will see My Creator face to face.

Ralph  
Face to Face
Carrie E. Breck (1855-1934 ) and Grant C. Tullar (1869-1950),

Face to face with Christ, my Savior,
Face to face, what will it be,
When with rapture I behold Him,
Jesus Christ Who died for me?

Refrain:
Face to face I shall behold Him,
Far beyond the starry sky;
Face to face in all His glory;
I shall see Him by and by!

Only faintly now I see Him,
With the darkened veil between,
But a bless'd day is coming,
When His glory shall be seen.

Refrain

What rejoicing in His presence,
When are banished grief and pain;
When the crooked ways are straightened
And the dark things shall be plain.

Refrain

Face to face, oh, blissful moment!
Face to face, to see and know;
Face to face with my Redeemer,
Jesus Christ Who loves me so.

Refrain

“Now we see but a poor reflection, then we shall see face to face.
(1 Corinthians 13:12)







No comments:

Post a Comment