Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Hawaiian Guitar in Heaven?

Wednesday   12-30-15  (Home in Modesto)

Scripture reading:  Rev 15 - 18

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Rev 15:2-4  They were all holding harps that God had given them.  And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: "Great and marvelous are your actions, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations. Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed." NLT


O.  God was handing out harps to this great international group of worshipers.  John looked on.  He may have seen many types of stringed instruments.  To him any stringed instrument was a harp. The song of Moses, who represents the Old Testament’s age of Law is now combined with the song of the Lamb who represents the New Testament age of Grace and all nations, Jews and gentiles will worship the just and true King of all nations. 


A.  The first instrument I started to learn to play was the piano... a wonderful stringed instrument.  Then when I was 16 I heard the Hawaiian guitar for the first time and wanted to buy one.  In those days my father had never heard a Hawaiian guitar played in a church.  They were used primarily for dance music.  He was not to keen on me purchasing and learning one of these.  But I was permitted to purchase a nice 6 string Gibson and matching amp that a friend had for sale.  I did not know how to play it yet, but carried the guitar and amp upstairs to me room in the unfinished attic.  I knelt beside them and placed my hands on them and dedicated them to play only music that would glorify my Lord.  That was 68 years ago... and although I am no expert, God has allowed me to make music to Him in several countries.


P.  Lord, I was only a happy-go-lucky kid when I dedicated this instrument to You, but You had helped me get my priorities right.  More recently when I asked Your permission to carry my Hawaiian guitar to heaven, I think I heard You say, “I’ve got something better than that waiting for You up here!”  I can’t wait to see what kind of harps You are handing out in heaven. What music we will make before Your throne!  Maybe we can get together a little band... and make some good new worship music for Moses’ and the Lamb’s choir.  Whatever... I know You will have glorious music in heaven.  Amen 



Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment