Thursday, December 24, 2015

He prepared breakfast to heal a wound

Thursday   12-24-15  Home in Modesto 

Scripture reading:    John 19 - 21

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  John 21:9-11  When they got there, they saw that a charcoal fire was burning and fish were frying over it, and there was bread.  "Bring some of the fish you've just caught," Jesus said.  So Simon Peter went aboard and dragged the net to the shore.  NLT


O.  Now we know that this was the resurrected Christ.  In His glorified body He was able to appear at special moments in different locations.  Yet I wonder how long Jesus was waiting there on the shore for an encounter with this little band of disciples.   Where did He get the bread He was toasting and the fish that were frying over the coals?  Did He fish for them or did He just call them over to Him?  And coals?  Did He gather wood and somehow build a fire without a match?  It takes time to make coals.  One thing we know, at the exact moment that Peter and his gang went silently rowing by... dragging a net about 100 yards from the shore, Jesus was ready with breakfast for several hungry men.  He was on a mission to rescue a friend, Simon Peter.


A.  When I love someone, truly love them and something has become between us... when I have offended him or her or they have offended me... how much do I go out of my way to meet them and make it right?  If they have cursed and denied that they even know me... would I rise early and prepare them a nice breakfast... just for the chance to call that one back into the loving fellowship that we had shared earlier?  Jesus did.


P.  Oh God, I am a blunder-buss, quite like Simon Peter.  I have hurt my brother.  I was not careful with my words.  He is in pain and I am broken.  Too much is at stake to let it slide.  Someone has to break the silence.  Can it be me?  Can I find a solitary lake shore where he will pass by in the dawn?  Can I go out of my way and do something really special to help mend that wound?  I plead for wisdom to heal these wounds and Your special love that will help me use my words more carefully in the future.  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment