Friday, December 18, 2015

Lady, you are looking at Him!

Friday   12-18-15  Home in Modesto 

Scripture reading:    John 2 - 4

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  John 4:25-26  The woman said, "I know the Messiah will come — the one who is called Christ.  When he comes, he will explain everything to us."  Then Jesus told her, "I am the Messiah!"  NLT


O.  Jesus did not go around proclaiming to everyone that He was the Messiah.  He often referred to Himself as the Son of Man.  John the Baptist called Him the Son of God.  Jesus also, when counseling with Nicodemus, referred to Himself as the Son of God whose address was in Heaven, but had been sent to earth.  The Jews were awaiting the coming Messiah prophesied by many OT prophets.  But He knew the religious Jews would be disappointed in Him... for they interpreted these prophecies as a political messiah.  But His kingdom was not of this world.  Jesus asked His own disciples to discover His identity for themselves, which they did and He confirmed it to them.  But here, in front of a woman living in sin and by Jewish law condemned to die under a rain of stones, He identifies Himself.  “Lady, You are talking about the coming Messiah?  Well, You are looking at Him!”


A. “Who is this Jesus?”  He is either the “Logos”, the “Word” as expressed in John chapter one, the Son of Man, the Messiah and the only eternal Son of God... all of those... or He is a liar and an impostor.  Will I take Him at His word?  My whole life here on earth and my eternal destiny hangs in the balance.  For me and for each of us, we must answer, “Who is this Jesus?”


P.  Lord Jesus, You have proved Your identity to me over and again.  You have carried me through thick and thin.  You have taken away the heavy burden of my sins.  I will receive You for Who You say You are and trust You with my eternal soul.  In return, You have given me a wonderful, fulfilling life here on earth and the promise of Heaven.  What more could I ask?   Amen.


Ralph



No comments:

Post a Comment