Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bars and Chains Produce a Writer

Wednesday  2-17-16 (Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina)     

Scripture reading for today:    Num 1-2    Acts 24

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Acts 24:25-27 Now as he reasoned about righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and answered, "Go away for now; when I have a convenient time I will call for you." Meanwhile he also hoped that money would be given him by Paul, that he might release him. Therefore he sent for him more often and conversed with him.  But after two years Porcius Festus succeeded Felix; and Felix, wanting to do the Jews a favor, left Paul bound.  NKJV


O.  In Acts chapter 12 Peter was released from prison by an angel... and he never even asked for release.  Now Paul is wasting away in prison 2 years just because Felix wanted to please the Jews.  Did Paul pray for angelic release?  Possibly.  But God had other plans.  He knew that we would need Paul’s a epistles for a solid base of doctrine.  Paul’s prison experiences became a seminary resource and a center for reaching out to the whole world with the Message of Jesus Christ.


A.  Can it be that God has another plan for me when I do not see an immediate answer to my supplication?  I have found that God is not like a vending machine... insert a dollar and out pops a cold drink.  But I must know and believe that He is taking care of me even when His answer is delayed.


P.  Dear Lord, I often pray for patience, but You know me.  I don’t want to wait for it.  If it requires imprisonment, I think I’ll pass.  What must it had been like for the Apostle Paul to sit two years waiting for a judgment?  I don’t see any indication of frustration from him.  May I just be content to walk with You... wherever You choose to take me.  Amen.


Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment