Thursday, February 18, 2016

May I never forget to Whom I belong!

Thursday  2-18-16 (Martinez, Buenos Aires, Argentina)     

Scripture reading for today:    Num 3-4    Acts 25

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Num 3:41  “And you shall take the Levites for Me — I am the LORD”

Vs 45  “The Levites shall be Mine: I am the LORD.”  NKJV


O.  The Levites, descendents of Levi, were chosen by the Lord to serve, some as priests and others as helpers, but all to serve the Lord.  Their activities would surround the tabernacle that the Lord had designed and Moses had constructed.  Obviously He did not choose them for their spotless reputation.  Even Aaron’s two sons, Nabad and Abihu, whom he had consecrated as priests, were both stricken dead before the Lord for playing around with “profane fire”, whatever that meant.  Perhaps they had been careless with their detailed instructions, or worse, deliberately profaned sacred things. 


A.  Early on I had to make a decision.  To Whom shall I belong?  I asked the Lord to allow me to just be His servant.  I was not worthy. But Jesus had purchased me with the cost of His own blood.  God was not forcing me or choosing me because of my reputation or my ancestry.  He just let me know of His great love for me.  I took a long look at Jesus.  I saw the price that He paid for me and I recognized that I am not my own to do as I please.  Of course the door is always open to rebellion.  I could walk out any time.  But I am held by His mighty love, drawn to Him and I am thrilled to say, I am not my own... I belong to my Lord Jesus Christ.


P.  Oh Lord God, here I am again in Argentina looking forward to the miracle of Your guidance by means of Your Holy Spirit.  You chose the clan of Levi to dedicate themselves to holy things.  They would stand before You and serve You.  Oh, but they failed so miserably.  It was their priests who prompted the crowd to scream, “Crucify Him!  Crucify Him!”  Don’t let me fail You, my precious Lord.  I did not deserve it, but You chose me.  May I never forget to Whom I belong!  Amen.


Ralph
I am thine, O Lord, I have heard thy voice, 
and it told thy love to me; 
but I long to rise in the arms of faith 
and be closer drawn to thee. 
Refrain: 
Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord, 
to the cross where thou hast died. 
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lord, 
to thy precious, bleeding side. 

2. Consecrate me now to thy service, Lord, 
by the power of grace divine; 
let my soul look up with a steadfast hope, 
and my will be lost in thine. 
(Refrain) 

3. O the pure delight of a single hour 
that before thy throne I spend, 
when I kneel in prayer, and with thee, my God, 
I commune as friend with friend! 
(Refrain) 

4. There are depths of love that I cannot know 
till I cross the narrow sea; 
there are heights of joy that I may not reach 
till I rest in peace with thee. 
(Refrain)



No comments:

Post a Comment