Tuesday, February 2, 2016

When God’s Presence goes with me, I can rest.

Tuesday  2-2-16 (Home in Modesto, California)     

Scripture reading for today:    Exodus 33 – 34   Psalm 16    Acts 9

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Ex 33:14-16  And He said,"My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."  Then he said to Him,"If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.” NKJV


O.  We know from scripture that God is omnipresent.  The psalmist writes, “Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence?   If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.  (Ps 139:7-8)  But there is a special holy Presence of God that Moses sought.  He wasn’t about to move this mass of humanity to another location without his Guide and Protector going with him.


A.  In two weeks, Lord willing, I will fly away to Argentina.  If I thought for a moment that God was not going with me, I would cancel my reservation.  But, like Moses, I have a promise upon which I stand.  Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations... And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matt 28:19  NIV


P.  Lord Jesus, I will soon “take the wings of the morning”... to “dwell in the uttermost parts” across “the sea”... and I know that “Even there Your hand shall lead me.”NKJV (Ps 139:7-10)  Heavenly Father, You told Moses,"My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." (Ex 33:14)  I am counting on the presence of Your Holy Spirit to guide me, protect me and give me rest.  Amen.



Ralph 

No comments:

Post a Comment