Wednesday, February 24, 2016

I am already having fun.

Halleluyah!  It has been a difficult week.  My naughty computer has kept me and my excellent missionary technician, Jonathan Wellborn, up and working until after 1 AM without success.  But last Friday it has ended in victory!  Now I can settle in and start ministry.



You have to love Pastors Joel and Lili Díaz and their sweet kids, Melisa 9 and Nehemías 13 (excellent drummer).  Their little church in the suburb called Pilar is growing fast.  They invited me to preach for their Sunday morning water baptismal service.    






A portable tank was set up in front and five new converts dressed in white worshiped with the congregation.


There was singing and lots of joy... even with soaking wet hugs as each was baptized.


Of course Perfume and Felipe showed up.


I woke up my old accordion that had been sleeping in its case for 8 months... loved it.



Then I preached on Lazarus.  And behold... he showed up... fresh out four days and nights in the grave!  On which side of the stone are you?  The stone of pride and social status... or whatever... that needs to be rolled away to allow you to hear Jesus say, “Lazarus, Come on out of death’s darkness into brilliant new life!”



This first time visitor, a new mother of one month old twin boys was the first to respond to the altar call and give her life to Jesus.  She was deeply serious.  Her husband is soon going to be released from prison.  He has become a born-again Christian while behind bars.  I told her that now she and her husband can raise these darling boys to serve the Lord.

Several adults came to tell me that they first heard me minister with Felipe in a grade school... now they faithfully serve Jesus!

Yes, you guessed it.  I haven’t been here a whole week yet... and I am already having fun. J

Ralph






No comments:

Post a Comment