Thursday, February 18, 2016

Lord, You will lead me through this tangle.

Sunday  2-14-16 (Home in Modesto)     

Scripture reading for today:    Lev 23 – 24   Psalm 24   Acts 21

S=Scripture  O=Observation  A=Application  P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.


S.  Acts 21:13-14 Then Paul answered,"What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus." So when he would not be persuaded, we ceased, saying,"The will of the Lord be done." NKJV


O.  Several prophets from among the disciples had foretold the capture and torture of Paul if he proceeded to Jerusalem.  But he had his heart set on it.  Did Paul step out of the perfect will of God and thus suffer torture and imprisonment?  I do not think so.  When he had just been converted Ananias was told by God, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.  For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake."  (Acts 9:15-16)  NKJV


A.  Many times we preacher present the Christian life like a bowl of cherries.  Come to Jesus and all your problems will be solved.  For Paul they had just begun and he was not surprised.  It was just the fulfillment of what God had promised him.  We may suffer difficulties and persecution, but we are never alone.  Jesus promises to be with us every day.  That is enough.


P.  Oh Lord Jesus, now just as I am attempting to pack my bags, I am troubled by serious computer problems.  Several situations have converged on these last my few hours in the USA leaving me no time to pack up carefully.  I pray for your peace and tranquility in the midst of this turmoil... and I thank You in advance for it.  I appeal to You, Lord.  You know that in order to accomplish an effective ministry for You in Argentina and Uruguay I must have a phone and computer in perfect working order.  But I am not alone.  You will lead me through this tangle, I pray.  Amen.



Ralph 

No comments:

Post a Comment