Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Super Bowl Weekend with Sammy and Terri Vazquez

Super Bowl weekend I was invited to participate in the ministry of Arleta Assembly of God Church with my friends, Sammy and Terri Vazquez.  I was impressed by the many ways this church is involved in the community.  On Saturday Feb 6th we visited 2 different housing projects where they have regular ministry to children and their parents. 




These darling little kid’s seemed scared at first, but finally petted my skunk, Perfume.  And they listened intently as Felipe told a Bible Story.  


In the other housing project, when I approached the group with Perfume in my hands... a group of little boys jumped up and ran behind this tree.  J  They finally came back to reach out and touch her soft fur.




Then I preached to the children and adults who were listening attentively in both these two open air services for special housing projects.  Check out my body language J.


On Sunday I had the joy of preaching in both morning services.  Here Terri helps me with Felipe’s case.


Many gathered at the altar.  Sometimes tears prove that God is at work in hearts.


Then Sammy and Terri took me to their home in Palmdale where we enjoyed watching the Super Bowl together with their delightful family.  It’s great to be on the winning team!  Our quarterback, Jesus, never fails.



Ralph... (Just having fun touching young and old with the love of Jesus.)