Friday, October 7, 2016

Father, let’s give that fruitless life another chance.

Friday 9-30-16 (Martinez, Argentina)
Scripture reading:   Zech 7 - 9    Luke  13
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Luke 13:6-9 Then Jesus used this illustration: "A man planted a fig tree in his garden and came again and again to see if there was any fruit on it, but he was always disappointed.  Finally, he said to his gardener, 'I've waited three years, and there hasn't been a single fig! Cut it down. It's taking up space we can use for something else.' "The gardener answered, 'Give it one more chance. Leave it another year, and I'll give it special attention and plenty of fertilizer.  If we get figs next year, fine. If not, you can cut it down.' " NLT

O. Who is this “Man” that planted a fig tree?  And who is this “Garderner”. Could this possibly represent a conversation of God the Father, with God the Son. Who then will condemn us? Will Christ Jesus? No, for he is the one who died for us and was raised to life for us and is sitting at the place of highest honor next to God, pleading for us. Rom 8:34 NLT  I do not pretend to understand the workings of the triune God of all creation.  But the scripture clearly teaches us that Christ Jesus sits close to His Father to make intercession for us. Jesus says, “Father, I know he failed you. But let’s give him another chance. There may still be good fruit.”

A. The Holy Spirit has convicted me of sin. Jesus has heard my cry and seen my repentant heart and pleads for His Father to restrain His perfect justice to give me another chance. 

P.  Lord Jesus, I see You as the Gardener in this parable. At Calvary you paid the price for my sins… to hold back the holy, perfectly just, punishment in my case. You paid the price. You took my sentence upon Yourself and have given me a chance to bear good fruit. Strengthen me, I pray, for my intentions are aimed in the right direction, but the flesh is in danger of reacting in ways unpleasing to You. 


Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment