Friday, October 7, 2016

The Heavenly Choir

Tuesday 10-4-2016  Martinez, Argentina
Today we read: Esther 1 - 2    Psalm 150    Luke 17

S. Ps 150:6 Let everything that lives sing praises to the LORD! Praise the LORD! NLT

O. Thus the final psalm 150 is sung by the faithful attenders in the house of the Lord. And for the final stanzas they invite every living creature to join in the song. Now the meadow lark joins the choir as they repeat the brief song. Then the tiny crickets click the rhythm as it is sung once more. Now the bass notes are bellowed out by fierce lions, the elephant trumpets and the whale’s high pitched tones carry the sopranos.  Every beast of the field adds their voice, the volume rises until the mountains are trembling and the trees clap their hands. Even the delicate flowers seem to dance displaying their silent beauty. All God’s creation stands before their Creator and honors Him each with their unique voice.
I used to direct several different choirs of dedicated youth and adults. Once they are trained, the choir leader may receive a sense of power as with the delicate movements of a hand he or she can draw out harmonious sound from each section in turn. So now I’ll join the choir standing before the Lord as a shining heavenly choir leader lifts praise from every instrument and every voice.

A. That day is coming for me soon. I will join the tenors. Frances will help carry the melody with her soft smooth voice. Of one thing I am sure: There will be music and singing in heaven!

P.  I thank You, Lord, that You have renewed my fragile voice once more to allow me to sing and preach and have my Felipe join in the praises.  I am amazed that only weeks ago I could not sing a clear note, yet the moment I stood to minister, lifted my accordion and pumped out the same song that I sang the day I was saved at only 5 years old… my voice came back clear again. When I join that heavenly choir, You will give me a new strong voice and I intend to use it to lift up praise to You. Amen.

Ralph
To God be the Glory
By Andrae Crouch

How can I say thanks
for all the things you have done for me
Things so undeserved
Yet you gave to prove your love for me
And the voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am and ever hope to be
I owe it all to Thee
(Chorus)
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
To God be the glory
For the things He has done
With His blood, He has saved me
With His power, He has raised me.
To God be the glory
For the things he has done
(Bridge)
Just let me live my life
Let it be pleasing, Lord to Thee
Should I gain any praise,
Let it go to Calvary.
With His blood, He has saved me
With His power, He has raised me.
To God be the glory
For the things he has done.



No comments:

Post a Comment