Monday, October 24, 2016

The final embrace

Monday 10-24-16  Martínez, Argentina
Today we read: Job 15 and Acts 19 -20

S.  Acts 20:24 Paul is speaking “…my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus — the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love.
Vs 25 "And now I know that none of you to whom I have preached the Kingdom will ever see me again.”
Vs 36-38 When he had finished speaking, he knelt and prayed with them. They wept aloud as they embraced him in farewell, sad most of all because he had said that they would never see him again. Then they accompanied him down to the ship. NLT

O.  The Apostle Paul had become a spiritual father to many of these saintly leaders. He has literally poured his life into them. Now he is saying a final good-bye and tears are pouring like a river.

A.  I have had to quit saying “final” good-byes, because I keep coming back. Still many of these dear people to whom I am ministering know that this could well be our final embrace… our last time on this earth to enjoy fellowship. Last night was no exception. It happens every night. I have been tightly embraced many times, wrapped in the arms of someone who has just told me the story of how I was the instrument God used to bring them to Jesus many years ago, or maybe just last week. Their bodies shake as they weep with their head on my shoulder… and I cannot help myself… I weep with them.

P. Yes, Lord Jesus, it could well be our final embrace with tears before we, leaping with joy, hug them again over on the other side. Every night I return to my borrowed apartment feeling literally saturated with godly love.  Little children run into my arms or come to hug my legs. Grandmas tell me how they found Jesus when they were a little child and Felipe sang about His love.  Big men weep as they remind me about some youth camp where they gave it all to Jesus. Thank you, Lord, for the endless multitude of loving friends that You have given me.  Amen.

Ralph





No comments:

Post a Comment