Monday, October 24, 2016

I had to made a choice.

Friends… Here is a devotional that failed to go out on the day I arrived in Argentina.  For three weeks I have just let it sit there, but today I thought… “Why leave it sitting there doing nothing.  Just maybe someone needs this word today.
Ralph

 Thursday 9-23-16 (Martinez, Argentina)
Scripture reading:   Dan 11 – 12    Luke  6
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Luke 6:17-19 There were people from all over Judea and from Jerusalem and from as far north as the seacoasts of Tyre and Sidon. They had come to hear him and to be healed, and Jesus cast out many evil spirits. Everyone was trying to touch him, because healing power went out from him, and they were all cured. NLT

O.  Jesus literally hid from the crowds to get alone with His Heavenly Father.  He prayed all night before choosing His 12 disciples.  But when they came down from the mountain Jesus was surrounded by pressing crowds, some from far away. A desperate woman had touched His robe and she had been instantly healed. The word traveled fast and now men and women, boys and girls suffering from many kinds of illnesses want to just touch Him.  And they were all cured!  Unwashed hands dirtied the robe of the Master… and He allowed it to happen.

A.  We were starting a new church in San Juan.  God had healed Mabelita, a baby girl.  The huge ugly tumor had shrunk and disappeared.  But her two-year old cousin did not survive his illness.  We had prayed for him, too.  In both cases the parents became solid Christians. I later married the couple that lost their baby boy and they became pastors, starting a church.

P.  I asked You, Lord, “Why not everyone?” I wanted everyone I prayed for to be healed. And down inside myself I Your voice. You answered me with a question: “Ralph, if everyone you prayed for was healed, what would happen to you?” I could see it. “Soon I would be swamped by the mobs coming from distant places, seeking healing. I would have no time for anything else. I would be reduced from a preacher in the “soul healing” business to a “physical healer”. Besides, I knew I could never handle that kind of fame. Then Lord, You reminded me of the day I looked at the ashes of all my accomplishments… and I could hear You saying again, “One day everything you accomplish will look like these ashes, except one thing… when you win a soul to Christ… that lasts for eternity.” Right there, standing in the middle of ashes with tears pouring down my cheeks, I made a choice for the eternal. Amen.

Ralph


No comments:

Post a Comment