Friday, October 7, 2016

They sacrificed their family relationships for money.

Thursday 9-29-16 (Martinez, Argentina)
Scripture reading:   Zech 4 - 6    Luke  12
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Luke 12:27-28 "Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are.  And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you? NLT

O.  Jesus gave the above answer in response to a man who was suing his brother for his portion of his inheritance.

A.  I was trying to close the purchase of a large warehouse for a new church building in Buenos Aires. Four siblings were suing each other for their portion of the inheritance. The judge was sick of the whole thing and asked the real-estate man to sell it at any price. He would sort out how it would be distributed. So, since the Assemblies of God World Mission was able to come up with the cash, they sold it to us at almost half its true value. Later I met with the four men and my attorney to make the cash payment. Each sibling had his own lawyer present. They would not even greet one another. The air was tense. The cash was stowed in hidden drawers under the table top, counted out and distributed. It was so sad to witness a family broken to pieces for Argentine pesos. Family relationships are worth far more than money.

P.  Lord, I tend to get up tight about money issues. I see someone taking advantage of me and complain to You just like that man that called out to You from the crowd. All I need to do is to take a good look at that beautifully decorated orchid and know that Solomon, the richest king in history, could not dress that elegantly… and that “lily of the field” received it as a gift from God. Dear Lord, give me a generous spirit, ready to lose all my earthly treasures to strengthen my relationships with my family and to share with those in need.  Amen.

Ralph





No comments:

Post a Comment