Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Lord, thanks for the new suit!

Wednesday 9-28-16 (Martinez, Argentina)
Scripture reading:   Zech 1 - 3    Luke  11
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Zech 3:2-5  And the LORD said to Satan, "I, the LORD, reject your accusations, Satan. Yes, the LORD, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebukes you. This man is like a burning stick that has been snatched from a fire." Jeshua's clothing was filthy as he stood there before the angel. So the angel said to the others standing there, "Take off his filthy clothes." And turning to Jeshua he said, "See, I have taken away your sins, and now I am giving you these fine new clothes." Then I said, "Please, could he also have a clean turban on his head?" So they put a clean priestly turban on his head and dressed him in new clothes while the angel of the LORD stood by. NLT

O. “Shut up, Satan! I’ve had enough of your ugly accusations. This guy is a burning stick rescued from the fire!” And to the astounded onlookers, “Don’t just stand there gawking. Take off his filthy rags and I’ll clothe him with My righteousness!” And now turning to Jeshua, “Go look in the mirror, young man. I’m giving you a new, clean outfit! I have taken away your sins! NUHV*

A.  Every saved sinner among us is like a stick rescued from the fires of hell. And God Himself clothes us with His robes of righteousness. It makes me want to be careful where I walk with my new shiny shoes.

P.  Yes Jesus! All my attempts at righteousness are total failures. Your prophet wrote (Isaiah 64:6) When we proudly display our righteous deeds, we find they are but filthy rags. NLT  And then (Isaiah 61:10) I am overwhelmed with joy in the LORD my God! For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. NLT So, Lord, thanks for the new suit! I’ll have to grow into it. It’s bigger and better than I am.  Amen.

Ralph
I am covered over with the robe of righteousness

I am covered over with the robe of righteousness
That Jesus gives to me, gives to me.
I am covered over with the precious blood of Jesus
And He lives in me, lives in me.
What a joy it is to know my Heavenly Father loves me so,
He gives to me, My Jesus
When He looks at me He sees not what I used to be
But He sees Jesus, Jesus.


Traducido por Rafael Hiatt
Yo estoy cubierto con el manto de justicia
Que Jesús me dio, Jesús me dio
Yo estoy cubierto con su sangre preciosa
Que en la cruz vertió, en la cruz vertió
Oh! Qué gozo es saber que el Padre Celestial me ama
Y me dio… a Cristo
Cuando Él me mira Él no ve lo que yo era,
sino a Cristo… Cristo


*NUHV - New Unauthorized Hiatt Version

No comments:

Post a Comment