Thursday, September 1, 2016

A newborn baby girl was cast into a field to die.

Thursday 9-1-2016  Home in Modesto
Scripture Reading: Eze 15 – 16   Psalm 70     Rev 6
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ezek 16:5-8You were thrown out into the open field, when you yourself were loathed on the day you were born. "And when I passed by you and saw you struggling in your own blood, I said to you in your blood, 'Live!' Yes, I said to you in your blood, 'Live!'  I made you thrive like a plant in the field; and you grew, matured, and became very beautiful. Your breasts were formed, your hair grew, but you were naked and bare. "When I passed by you again and looked upon you, indeed your time was the time of love; so I spread My wing over you and covered your nakedness. Yes, I swore an oath to you and entered into a covenant with you, and you became Mine," says the Lord GOD. NKJV


O.  Chapter 16 of Ezekiel is a stunning parable of a city and a nation. A baby girl is not wanted.  At her birth she is cast out into a field without being washed or her umbilical cord being cut.  God looks down and has pity on her and says, “Live”. Then He takes her under His wing and leads her to maturity, decorating her with health and beauty. But she turns her back upon her Savior and the Lover of her soul and plays the role of a harlot.  When babies are born from her harlotry she despises them and burns them to death as a sacrifice to her gods. Finally, when she is no longer attractive and no one will pay her for her lewdness, she stoops to paying others to continue her wicked ways.


A.  This morning I am brought to tears. I am horrified for I see in this story the history of my own people.


P.  Oh, my God in heaven, I would have to be blind to not see my once beautiful nation in this parable, describing Your love and care, Your nurture and prosperity, Your kindness and blessing to my native people. You, Who made us great, are being officially cast aside. Millions of tiny babies are not allowed to take their first breath. They are sacrificed to “the god of free sex” which You call “harlotry”. Our judges interpret our just laws deliberately twisting them into a farce. My Lord and my God, is there any hope? I plead with You to look down upon Your people. We are being swallowed up in this mess. Will You destroy the whole nation while there are still thousands who are true to You? I cry for Your mercy and grace to overcome Your justice. I pray for a miracle that will shock this country back to You… our Savior and our only Hope.  Amen.


Ralph
God Bless America
 by Irving Berlin
God bless America, land that I love
Stand beside her and guide her
Through the night with the light from above
From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home
From the mountains to the prairies
To the oceans white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home
God bless America, my home sweet home

 


No comments:

Post a Comment