Sunday, September 25, 2016

What a joy to know I am “sent”!

Wednesday  9-21-16  (Leaving, Sent by the Lord today for Argentina)
Scripture reading:   Dan 7 – 8   Psalm 137   Luke 4
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Luke 4:42-44  Early the next morning he went out into the desert. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them but to stay at Capernaum. But he replied, "I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other places too, for that is why I was sent." So he continued to travel around preaching in synagogues throughout Judea. TLB

O.  Jesus knew that He was “sent”, Who had sent Him and why He was “sent”.

A.  It is such a great privilege to be a “sent one” and to be conscious of that wonderful fact.  A missionary is someone sent on a mission.  Being “sent” means that someone is behind me, sending me.  I did not just go on my own.  Someone has given me the authority and ability to go.  I did not dream up the idea to travel abroad on my own.  I know where to go and I know why I am going there.  I am “sent” for a purpose.  In this passage the Lord Jesus was just in the beginning of His ministry, but He was fully conscious of His Sender and His purpose.

P.  Oh Lord, how blessed Frances and I have been to be “sent ones.”  Somebody believed in us.  Somebody cared about us.  You, Lord Jesus, called us and many of Your people believed in us, they supported us and prayed for us.  Certainly we were not deserving of such a calling.  Who could ever feel worthy?  But You chose us… frail… undeserving… with no great accomplishments behind us… with only a future ahead of us… and You allowed many to believe in us and “send” us out.  We went with only a hazy idea of “why” we were sent.  We seemed, in many ways, “ill-equipped” to handle what was ahead.  Nonetheless You went with us and prepared the way.  And now as I look back at the marvels of Your goodness to us I stand in awe of Your mercy.  Help me never to take from You the glory that You deserve.  For every good gift has come from You.  And now as I contemplate traveling to Argentina again today… please “send me”.  I dare not go out on my own.  I pray “send me” and may Your servants also agree to “send me” with their prayer backing.  And You promise to go with me all the way!  Amen.

Ralph
So Send I You

So send I you to labor unrewarded
To serve unpaid, unloved, unsought, unknown
To bear rebuke, to suffer scorn and scoffing
So send I you to toil for Me alone

So send I you to bind the bruised and broken
Over wandering souls to work, to weep, to wake
To bear the burdens of a world a-weary
So send I you to suffer for My sake

So send I you to loneliness and longing
With hart a-hungering for the loved and known
Forsaking kin and kindred, friend and dear one
So send I you to know My love alone

So send I you to leave your life's ambition
To die to dear desire, self-will resign
To labor long, and love where men revile you
So send I you to lose your life in Mine

So send I you to hearts made hard by hatred
To eyes made blind because they will not see
To spend, though it be blood to spend and spare not
So send I you to taste of Calvary

"As the Father hath sent me, so send I you"






No comments:

Post a Comment