Sunday, September 25, 2016

I’m as excited as a 3 year old with a new red wagon

Saturday 9-24-16 (Gaiman, Patagonia, Argentina)
Scripture reading:   Ezra 1     Psalm 84 – 85       Luke  7
S=Scripture O=Observation A=Application P=Prayer  SOAP for the soul.

S.  Ezra 1:2-3 "This is what King Cyrus of Persia says: The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth. He has appointed me to build him a Temple at Jerusalem in the land of Judah. All of you who are his people may return to Jerusalem in Judah to rebuild this Temple of the LORD, the God of Israel, who lives in Jerusalem. And may your God be with you!  NLT

O.  Without doubt Daniel’s reputation of integrity and as a man who served the true God of all the earth, along with that of Ezra and Nehemiah, had influenced the new King Cyrus. In sharp contrast to Nebuchadnezzar, who bragged about this great city that he had built, King Cyrus begins his declaration acknowledging that Yahweh, the God of heaven is the One Who has given him all the kingdoms of the earth. Oh, for a leader that recognizes that it is God is Who has placed him or her in a place of leadership… whether it be in a home, a church or a nation!

A.  I have passed this day rejoicing in the privilege of being here again in this country. And I know that it is God Who has taken the initiative to bring me to this place. I literally find myself running into the arms of my Argentinean friends. I am so excited about what God is doing and how He is allowing me be a little part of it.

P.  Thank You, Lord, for the joy of embracing my dear friends that receive me with such enthusiasm! It has been a long trip, arriving yesterday at Buenos Aires and Martinez (a suburb)… to the enthusiastic hugs of teachers at Martinez Christian grade school and high school… even the hugs of their janitors and maintenance men.  And now at midnight to have arrived in Patagonia at the Bible Institute… Wow! What joy! How beautiful heaven will be as we are reunited with our loved ones who have gone on before! And on top of all this, the joy of seeing Our Savior and King, Jesus! All praise to God for His goodness! Amen.

Ralph
Oh This is Like Heaven to Me!
1.    We find many people who can’t understand
Why we are so happy and free:
We’ve crossed over Jordan to Canaan’s fair land,
And this is like Heaven to me.
o   Refrain 1-3:
Oh, this is like Heaven to me,
Yes, this is like Heaven to me;
I’ve crossed over Jordan to Canaan’s fair land,
And this is like Heaven to me.
2.    So when we are happy we sing and we shout;
Some don’t understand us, I see;
We’re filled with the Spirit, there isn’t a doubt,
And this is like Heaven to me.
3.    We’ve heard the sweet music, the heavenly chord,
From glory land over the sea;
A soul-thrilling message from Jesus, our Lord,
And this is like Heaven to me.
4.    We’re looking for Jesus with glory to come—
’Tis Jesus Who died on the tree;
A cloud of bright angels to carry me home—
Oh, that will be Heaven to me.
o   Refrain 4:
Oh, that will be Heaven to me,
Yes, that will be Heaven to me;
A cloud of bright angels to carry me home—
Yes, that will be Heaven to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment